domingo, 17 de junio de 2012

Who is an engineer

Sometimes, people address me as “engineer” and, when that happens, I cannot prevent myself from feeling that they are talking about someone else but me. I am not an engineer, although I’ve studied mining engineering and also got a diploma that certifies me as one. Paper can bear a lot of things.

I sure enjoy my job because what I do there requires no excruciating effort at all from me. I like what I do. And as I stated before, I’m kind of a lucky man for I work in Lima, close to family and friends. Well, talking about friends, the only one I regularly saw and visited has gone to Australia where I am sure he’ll find what he is looking for. His name is Nasir. Moreover, he was the one through whom I got my present job. Thanks for that, Nasir. So I have no friends but family only, leastways, in this country.

Engineers are smart and clever. They always have an answer to a problem and often show themselves as determined guys. Their minds are, at any moment, made up to take any risky decision. They are successful guys and have money to party and have sexual intercourse with various ladies.

Engineers are always talking about what they are going to purchase next: a house, a brand new car, the latest and sophisticated cell phone on the market. As well, these people are constantly searching for ways to increase their bank accounts.

Engineers don’t read and certainly wouldn’t waste their valuable time reading this piece of shit that hangs on the internet. They would read papers about financial issues or the sport section.

Engineers like to be called “engineers” and they’d be terribly pissed off if a regular citizen discards or forgets to call him that way. The engineer would confront that motherfucker and would force the poor bastard to address him in the proper manner. “I’m an engineer. You never forget that, piece of shit.”

Glod bless engineers!

But I’m not -not even faintly- everything I listed above. I’m not an engineer. I’m just a regular guy who wants to have the time to write the nonsense that’s in his revolting mind, time to play with and kiss his daughter and, eventually, die in peace.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario