miércoles, 17 de septiembre de 2014

The fault in our stars - John Green

The girl, a 15 year old kid that helps her mother in her book selling business, told me that if I didn’t drop a tear while reading “The fault in our stars”, it would be because I was a man with no soul.

I’m a man with no soul. I’ve read “The fault in our stars” without dropping a single tear, without showing any emotion, but one or two yawns. It’s not the kind of literature I used to read but I wanted to try if a book was able to make me cry as some movies do. And I’m not talking about romantic movies. For instance, I always get my eyes salty when Cameron Poe (Nicolas Cage) meets his wife and daughter again, after defeating Cyrus “the Virus” (John Malkovich) and his convicted gang in an airplane.  

The homonymous movie also failed in making me cry. I was expecting that some sad scenes on the book, correctly performed by the actors, would release my tears, but I was wrong. The movie director didn’t get the sense to make those moving scenes really real and convincing.

For example, the illness of one of the characters reappears and while in the book he is described as an emaciated human being, in the movie his aspect seems almost normal.


I suppose I’m a man made of stone for this kind of literature.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario